Pesto Pasta with Sauteed Mushrooms and Spinach

Amy Weeks You are amazing! I have tried so many pesto recipes and always fail. Well folks, this one is fail proof if I got it on the first try! The mushrooms and spinach is so incredible, it was like eating a gourmet meal tonight! Thank you Amy!!!!


Pesto Pasta with Sauted mushrooms and spinach

2-3 cups fresh basil leaves (depending on how packed you put them)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
2-3 cloves garlic (chopped up really small)
1/2 cup grated parmesan-reggiano (you can use store bought grated kind…but it isn’t as good)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix in blender and pour over 12oz of pasta.
I used whole wheat pasta and sautéed about 1 pound of mushrooms and some fresh spinach with it (sauté the mushrooms until they are basically done and then add the spinach…it only takes a few seconds for the spinach to be done…I don’t like it mushy). I topped with additional pine nuts and parmesan-reggiano. I don’t mix the pine nuts in because they go a little soft if you have leftovers…I like a little crunch.
EnJOY!