Strawberry Sorbet


Oh yes I did! I actually made a non-chocolate dessert! I decided to venture out when I saw Paula Dean make this summer dessert! I love it! It was so easy to make but it was such a wonderful dessert! Fail proof! I didnt hull my strawberries, just cut the leafy top off and I left the seeds in, I like a little texture.

Strawberry Sorbet
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
4 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup light corn syrup

Bring the sugar and 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Put the strawberries and lime juice into a food processor and puree. Press the strawberry puree through a strainer to remove the seeds.
When the sugar syrup has cooled completely add it to the strawberry puree. Add the corn syrup and stir well. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Sorbet is particularly soft after churning but firms up after freezing.