Fiesta Taco Skillet


I love when I find a tastey recipe that is easy and delicious and turns out the first time! A rare occasion for me. Try this recipe for tomorrows dinner, you can thank me later!

Fiesta Taco Skillet

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 can (11 oz.) Mexican-style corn, drained
2/3 cup water
1 packet (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup yellow corn meal
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Evaporated Milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 400° F.

COOK beef in well-greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in corn, water and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens. (I used my 8x8 baking dish). Top with cheese.

COMBINE corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine evaporated milk and egg in small bowl; mix well. Add milk mixture to corn meal mixture; stir just until blended. Spread over top of meat-cheese mixture.

BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.