Chicken Tostadas and Avocado Dressing




I found this recipe in a cooking light magazine and I just couldnt help drooling over it. Ive made lots of various basic chicken tostada recipes but for this one, the sauce and the cooked tortilla is the rock star of the dish! I felt like a real chef tonight after all the compliments and even my sweet little almost 2 year old twins were using their sign language and words to say "thank you", my 3 year old praising me, yep. Im a happy camper. Try this one for dinner tonight if you need some compliments from the fam! :)
PS: I doubled my sauce recipe because I knew I'd add extra to my plate. Also it only makes 4 servings so you may want to go bigger!
Chicken Tostadas and Avocado Dressing

2 Tblsp reduced fat sour cream
2 Tblsp fat free, lower sodium chicken broth
2 Tblsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp canola oil
¼ tsp ground red pepper
1/8 tsp salt
½ ripe peeled avocado

1 ½ Tblsp canola oil, divided
4 (6inch) flour tortillas
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce, or green leaf
1/2 cup chopped tomato
¼ cup (1oz) crumbled queso fresco cheese

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add ¾ tsp oil to pan. Cook 1 tortilla 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure adding oil as needed with remaining tortillas.
Add remaining oil to pan. Add garlic and jalapeno, sauté 1 ½ minutes. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes. Top each tortilla with ½ cup chicken mixture, ¼ cup lettuce, 2 Tblsp tomatoes and 1 Tblsp cheese. Top each serving with 3 Tblsp dressing.
EnJOY!