Mom-a-licious Tomato Sauce


This is a recipe from Domenica Catelli's cookbook, Mom-a-licious. I love this cookbook and I love her! and I love her restraunt in Geyserville, Catelli's! Im a fan, what can I say. This is such a rich sauce and so quick and easy!
Mom-a-licious Tomato Sauce

2 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil (a good quality) 4-5 cloves garlic, minced (not too small) 1/2 tsp red chili flakes (I only added 1/4 tsp) 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes (organic crushed canned with basil) 1/2 tsp salt 1 lb pasta (penne regatte or rotini) 1/3 cup fresh basil, Italian parsley, or a combo of both, chopped 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated Saute garlic and chili flakes in extra virgin olive oil. Do not let the garlic get brown. Add tomatoes and salt and simmer for 15 minutes. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta (do not rinse) and toss with the sauce. Add parsley and basil and finish with fresh parmesan cheese.
EnJOY!