Crab Rangoons

I had extra egg roll wrappers left over from when I made the egg rolls, so I decided to make one of my favorites, crab rangoons! You can use wonton wrappers or if your like me and happen to have egg roll wrappers laying around, just cut them into fourths. These are so tasty and gooey and delish! I found this recipe on food networks website.

Crab Rangoons

1/4 cup sour cream
2 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, room temp.
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
3/4-1 cup crabmeat, picked (I used 2 3oz cans fancy crab meat)
2 green onions, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
wonton wrappers, 1-2 pkgs

Whip together sour cream, cream cheese, soy sauce and sugar until smooth. Fold in remaining ingredients (except wrappers). Heat oil to a medium high or if using a fryer, 350.
Place a small bowl of water on your working surface and lay out 6 wrappers, place a Tblsp of mixture in each wrapper. Using your fingers, lightly dip your finger in the water and wet the edges of your wrappers to help seal closed. Bring up corners and pinch together, along with sides. Place all 6 in the hot oil, remove when golden and let rest on paper towels. Repeat process until finished. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.

Sweet and Sour Sauce


1 cup mandarin oranges (I use the 15oz cans and drain)
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
3 Tblsp ketchup
1-2 Tblsp cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water

Bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium sized pot. Let boil until clear and thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
EnJOY!