French Dip Sandwiches

Oh my! Can I please eat these everynight?! This was actually my first try at making french dip sandwiches and I love this recipe! It brings back such great memories of when my mom use to make these, one of my favorite dinners. This recipe is from www.ourbestbites.com

French Dip sandwiches

1 2.5-3 lb beef roast
2 Tblsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 1oz pckges dry onion soup mix
2 cups water
2 cans beef broth (about 2 cups)
6-8 large buns (or more) (use a good crusty bread, I used ciabatta rolls)
Swiss, provolone, or mozzarella cheese, sliced

Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat and rub roast with salt and pepper. When very hot, carefully place roast in pot and sear on all sides. Your not cooking the meat, your just browning it quickly on all sides to add flavor and seal in the juices.
Place in crockpot and sprinkle with onion soup mix. Pour water and beef broth over roast.
Cook 8-10 hours on low or until meat shreds easily. Shred the meat with a fork.
Place meat on crusty rolls. Top with cheese, put sandwiches on a cookie sheet and put in oven at 425 for 5 minutes or longer until cheese is melted and bread is nice and crusty.
Lade juice drippings into a small dish, serve with hot sandwiches and EnJOY!