Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Oreo Pie




I hate you kevinandamanda.com !!!! Get this sinful pie out of my house! Seriously, this pie is as naughty as it gets. I love the caramel, the ganache is over the top and the oreo crust is perfect!

Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Oreo Pie

1 pckge whole oreos (36 cookies)
1 cup butter (2 sticks), divided
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
1 (12oz) bag dark chocolate chips (I used semi sweet chocolate chips)

 Finely crush the oreos with food processor or blender. I used a hand held food chopper. Stir crumbs together with 8 Tblsp (1 stick) melted butter until well combined. Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. I used a large spoon to press it well. Freeze crust for 10 minutes until set.
 Combine remaining 8 Tblsp (1 stick) butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until smooth. Cool caramel about 15 minutes. Pour caramel over the oreo crust, then return to freezer for about 30 minutes until just chilled and set. Dont let it fully freeze.
 Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a simmer over medium high heat. Pour cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth.(I just placed my chocolate chips and cream in a glass bowl, put in microwave for increments of 30 seconds and stirring each time until smooth.) Pour the chocolate over the caramel and freeze for a final 30 minutes until just chilled or set. OR refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. Before serving, sprinkle the top with a flaky sea salt like kosher salt or fleur de sel. (I left off the salt).  Store covered in refrigerator and serve chilled. (I leave my slice of pie out for 10 minutes or longer so its softer). EnJOY!