Easy Egg Free Chocolate Mousse

I was looking for a more simplified version of mousse and this one cought my attention. So rich and creamy and way more simple than most mousse recipes. I added a little extra coco and chocolate to really make it rich. Altered from wonkywonderful.com

Easy Egg Free Chocolate Mousse

16oz cold heavy cream
2 Tblsp powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (I added 2 cups)
(I added 1 Tblsp coco powder as well)

Melt chocolate chips in the microwave while stirring every 30 seconds. Once the chocolate is melted set aside to cool slightly.
Whip the heavy cream in stand mixer using the whisk attachment. Whip it on med. high until it thickens and peaks appear.
Add the powdered sugar (and coco if using) and melted chocolate, quickly. Whip for another 30 seconds or until the mousse is thick and fully blended. Transfer to serving dishes, top with whipped cream and chocolate garnish if desired. I refrigerated mine until ready to serve. EnJOY!