Juicy Roast Chicken


This is a pampered chef recipe that came with a deep covered baker dish I got as a gift from my awesome auntie. You can use any type of deep covered baker or just put on baking dish and cover with foil. May not cook quite the same though. It is so easy to make and tastes like it took hours of slaving in the kitchen. I also added an orange cut into quarters into the center of the chicken to make a little more juicy!
I have to admit, I love roasted chicken like nobodies business, but haaate to clean out a chicken! Ew! But I did it and am a better woman because of it! ha ha.
PS: yes the picture isnt flawed, there is a huge hole taken out of the chicken on top, my sweet hubby couldnt wait for me to take a picture before he tasted it!

Juicy Roast Chicken
1 Tblsp all purpose flour
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground thyme
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 whole chicken (3 ½-4 ½ lbs)
1 Tblsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 450. Lightly spray deep cover baking dish with oil or use paper towel to smear oil on surfaces. Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and thyme in bowl; mix well. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat if necessary. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken.
Brush outside of chicken with oil using basting brush; coat completely with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, breast side up, in baker. Roast, uncovered 50-60 minutes or until registers at 180 degrees in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before carving.
EnJOY!

And yes, I have it laid upside down! hee hee.