Fettucini Alfredo with Blackened Chicken


I have made many alfredo sauces but this is my favorite Thanks to Ken! you rock! I just added a little lemon juice to give that something extra. Next time I think I will add some fresh roasted garlic! yum.

Fettucini Alfredo with Blackened Chicken

1 stick butter
1 Tblsp flour
1 pint heavy cream
2 c. parmesean cheese
1-2c asiago cheese
1 c romano cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Italian seasoning to taste
1 Tblsp lemon juice
2 chicken breasts pan seared with blackening seasoning
1 pckge fettucini noodles

Melt stick butter in pan over medium high heat; add flower and let simmer 1 minute. Then slowly add cream, whisking constantly. Add cheeses and spices and lemon juice. Let simmer until cheese melted and smooth and mixture starts to thicken, stirring often. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes to thicken. Add on top of hot cooked fettucini noodles. Top with sliced chicken.
EnJOY!