Carrot Cake


My friend Heather Pitcher makes the best carrot cake I have ever had! I made one a few months ago that was horrible, then she shared this recipe with me and came out awesome! I also leave out raisins since they scare me. Thanks Heather for this recipe and all my "gunie pigs" who helped taste test this for me! ;)
Carrot Cake
Cake:
2 c. sugar
1 ½ c. oil
4 eggs
1 c. flour
1 c. wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tblsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 c. carrots, grated
¾ c. pecans, chopped
1 c. raisins
½ c. crushed pineapple
¾ c. coconut

Cream Cheese Frosting:
½ c. butter, room temp.
1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, room temp.
1 lb powdered sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
In mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together. Add sugar and vanilla extract until frosting is spreading consistency.

Cake: In electric mixer, mix sugar and oil together; add eggs and mix well. In a separate bowl, sift flours, soda, salt and cinnamon together. Add to sugar mixture and beat well. Add vanilla and grated carrots. Fold in nuts, raisins, pineapple, and coconut. Grease and flour three 8-inch layer cake pans. Pour batter evenly into pans and bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on racks for 10 minutes and remove from pans to continue cooling. Frost with cream cheese frosting inbetween layers and on cake. EnJOY!