Chicken Pot Pie


My friend Natalie Buck made me this classic recipe right after I had my twins. The homey, warm goodness of this just made my night!
Chicken Pot Pie
1 pck. Pilsbury refrig. Pie crusts (15oz)
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup flour
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 ½ cups canned chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
2 ½ to 3 cups leftover chicken or turkey
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables

1. Heat oven to 425. make pie crusts as directed on package for two crust pie using 9 inch pie pan.
2. Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened. Stir in chicken and mixed veggies.
3. spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edges and flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
4. bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. EnJOY!